Quick internet speed is something everyone needs, and in case your PS4 is not offering the same, then you have come to the right place. So, here are the steps to enhance the PlayStation 4 download speed.
Organize the PlayStation 4’s Time
If you want to organize the PlayStation 4’s time, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First of all, you have to stop if you are playing an online game.
- After that, tap on the home button of the controller in case the console downloading several items concurrently.
- Go to the main menu and select the notifications icon.
- When the PS4 is downloading something, it will display on a loading bar on the upper side of the screen.
- You should move the cursor on the item you would like to pause and choose ‘select the content’ by holding the X on the controller.
- Then go to the menu and choose Pause.
- Do the same with all content downloading.
- After the desired content is downloaded, continue the other downloads with the exact method you paused them.
Use a Wired Connection Instead Wi-Fi
- Get started by connecting the Ethernet cable into the LAN ports on the modem.
- Plug Ethernet Cable’s other end into the LAN port. The LAN port is available on the rear end of PS4.
- Go to the Main Menu and choose Settings of the PS4.
- Choose the Network option.
- You should choose ‘Set up Internet Connection.’
- Navigate to the ‘Use a LAN Cable.’
- Choose Easy.
- Now, the PS4 will find the network from the Ethernet cable and link it to the internet.
Improve Wi-Fi Connection Strength
If you want to improve your Wi-Fi strength, then you can follow the provided steps.
- You should disconnect the devices that are not using the Wi-Fi.
- Then you have to move the PS4 to a room near to the modem.
- Now, reset the modem’s connection.
Boost up Download Speed through Rest Mode
If you want to boost up the download speed through rest mode, then pursue the instructions given below.
- To get started, go to the main menu and select Settings.
- After that, you should choose ‘Power Saving Settings.’
- Go to the ‘Set Features Available in Rest Mode.’
- You should choose ‘Stay Connected to the Internet.’
- Then ensure that the desired content is downloading.
- Go back to the Home screen and choose Notifications.
- The download should come at the upper side with a loading bar beneath it.
- After verification, the content starts downloading. Do a long-press the Home button on the controller.
- Now, choose Rest Mode.
Upgrade to the Latest Firmware
If you want to upgrade to the latest firmware, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First, you have to go to the PS4 home menu and choose Settings.
- After that, you should choose ‘System Software Update.’
- Now, you should check when the update is available, and it will start automatically.
Modify the DNS Settings
If you want to modify the DNS settings, then pursue the instructions given below.
- First and foremost, go to the PS4 home menu and choose Settings.
- After that, you should choose Network.
- Navigate to the ‘Set Up Internet Connection.’
- Choose the internet type you prefer.
- Go to the Custom option.
- Now, you have to enter the pursuing settings into the options.
Test Modem Bandwidth
If you want to test modem bandwidth, then you can follow the provided steps.
- To begin with, navigate to the computer to check the speed of the internet.
- Now, you should visit ‘Speedtest.net and enter the speed test.
Emily Watson is a technology buff, IT expert and works in a leading printer manufacturing company. She loves to read and write about the latest technology concerning major printer brands and researches on the solutions related to dell printer support, Canon, epson etc.