If you want to get rid of pop-up ads on your Android phone, then you have come to the right place. Pop-up ads are not only frustrating, but sometimes they can make your device unresponsive. Some pop-up ads are capable of transferring Trojan viruses into your device. In this article, you will learn some practical ways to block these kinds of ads from your device while surfing the internet.
There are three basic types of pop-up ads on Android:
1. Pop-ups while surfing the internet
2. In-apps pop-up ads
3. Notification ads
Let’s see how to stop these pop-up. Here we go.
How Do I Stop Pop up Ads on My Android Phone?
If you want to make your internet surfing experience better on your smartphone, then you must disable or turn off these ads. Below are some methods to do just that:
Using Chrome In-built Popup Blocker
Chrome is the built-in browser in most of the Android phones, and it is also one of the most used browsers in the world. It is the most significant source of the pop-up ads and it means that disabling it will make you free from most of the pop-up ads. So our first step is to disable pop-up ads on your chrome browser. Google Chrome provides a built-in pop-up ad blocker in its Android browser. Here’s how to disable pop up ads on your Chrome Android browser:
1. Open your Chrome browser on your Android phone.
2. Now head to the three dots appeared at the top of your screen.
3. Thereafter pressing the Settings from the list.
4. Now go to “Site Settings.”
5. Head to “Pop-ups and redirects” option on your device.
6. Ensure that the slider toggle button located next to the “Popup and redirects” is turned off ( It will appear grey colored after disabling).
7. Now from now on your pop up ads will be blocked in the Chrome.
Under Site settings, you can also go to the “Ads” settings to prevent third-party ads. Under “Ads” ensure that the toggle switch is turned off. You will still see Google ads because these ads are not misleading or bad for your device.
One can also turn on the Data Saver in the Chrome browser because it prevents to load some irrelevant part of a webpage to save data. With this feature, you can also get rid of some ads and pop-up ads. To do that, see the guide below:
1. Head to three dots on the top-right corner of the Chrome.
2. Next, select settings.
3. Go to Data Saver.
4. Toggle the switch to turn on the feature.
Now you are all done and ready to browse the internet without any issue.
How to Block In-Apps Pop Up Ads on Android?
Now the pop-up issue while surfing the internet is resolved and won’t quickly appear. But, how to stop in-app pop-up ads on your device? It is impossible to stop this kind of pop-up ads because ads are the primary way to earn money for developers. To get rid of these ads, you will have to buy the pro version of that app. Most of the developers offer that kind of feature, but not everyone does that. You have to stop using the app, which is showing you more pop-up ads. You can also switch off the data connection, which will also prevent ads from loading. However, turning off data is not a wise decision when the app or game uses the internet to run.
How to Block Notification Pop up ads on Android?
These ads are not pop-ups when it comes to the theory, but they are annoying just as a regular pop up advertisements. Only have to tap a few times on your screen to disable these frustrating pop-up. Follow the instructions given below to turn them off:
1. First of all, find out what app is causing the notification such as Chrome, or any other third party apps like Share-it.
2. Then head to the Settings app on your smartphone.
3. Go to Apps and notifications.
4. After that, go to the “All Apps” option. (These options may vary according to the device you are using)
5. Now select the app which is showing the notifications and then hit the “Block all” toggle switch to turn off notifications for that particular app.
This way, you will be able to get rid of notification ads on your device.
Emily Watson is an employee at a top email service provider company in the day, and a technical writer at night. She is passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied topics. She has written majorly on Printer customer support, brother printer and epson printer etc.